In 1818, Jean Louis Richard Pillivuyt founded the Pillivuyt porcelain factory. Since 1853, the factory has been situated at Mehun sur Y√®vre. Equipped with state of the art production equipment, Pillivuyt cleverly blends century-old traditional craftsmanship with modern techniques to create perfect individual pieces to complement any table. Pillivuyt remains one of the few porcelain producers which develops its paste according to its own formula from selected and systematically controlled raw materials. Multiple firings at very high temperature produce pieces that are totally non-porous and highly resistant to both mechanical and thermal shocks.