David Mellor Trivet for Jesus College
In collaboration with David Mellor to mark the 450th anniversary of Jesus College Oxford 1571-2021 this minimalist design is inspired by six significant years in the building of the College:
- 1571 foundations
- 1621 dedication of the Chapel
- 1713 Second Quad
- 1907 Third Quad
- 1971 Old Members’ Building
- 2021 Northgate Building
and a few honourable mentions
- 1679 Fellows’ Library
- 1741 ceiling of the Hall
- 1854 Turl Street Tower
- 1967 Thelwall House
- 1976 Stevens Close
- 2010 Ship Street Centre
David Mellor Design operates on the simple principle that well designed tableware is a vital part of any interior. The company was set up by David Mellor, Royal Designer for Industry, in the 1950s. The first and now famous David Mellor shop opened in Sloane Square, London, in 1969 and soon became a focal point of Swinging Sixties Chelsea and remains one of London’s most original and individual shops. We run our own design office within the company and so the David Mellor collection is constantly evolving. Many of our products are designed by Corin Mellor, Creative Director, exclusively for the David Mellor shops and are produced by specially selected workshop producers and manufacturers. David Mellor now holds one of the most impressive collections of the finest British Crafts and sophisticated modern tableware and kitchenware, including the world famous David Mellor Cutlery, to be found on the international scene.
Corin Mellor succeeded his father as Creative Director of David Mellor Design in 2006. He is responsible for product development within the company, expanding our unique and well-known collection of specialist tableware and kitchenware. Corin trained in product design and architecture. He designed the interior of the Design Museum and Cafe at Hathersage. Recent special commissions include spectacular metalwork for Sheffield Cathedral and a collection of sterling silver for a Middle East royal family. A large scale sculptural seat for the gardens at Chatsworth was commissioned by the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire in 2009 and a second bench has just been installed.
Wipe clean with a wet, soapy sponge or cloth and dry thoroughly.